Thursday, January 17, 2013

Past, Present, Future


            My past has been filled with many good and bad memories. I would like share some with my classmates. I was born in Oxnard and grew up in many cities. I moved from Minnesota to Mexico to Palmdale to Lancaster and back to Oxnard. I went to more than 10 schools during my childhood and teen years. But I managed to make thru, and the good outcome was I got to meet a lot of people. I am the second oldest from my family. I have an older sister who is now married and two younger brothers. During my childhood I was always the responsible child who had to take care of my sister and my brothers. My older sister was born deaf and my parents worked all day so I had to watch over them. My childhood was a little different compared to the kids that were my ages but I learned a lot.

            Now is time to focus on me and my goals. My brothers are now older and could take care of themselves and I decided to focus on me. I moved from Palmdale back to Oxnard about 2 ½ years ago. I had finished high school and had taken a medical assistant program and wanted to work because I always had and I also wanted to continue with my education. I then decided that moving here to Oxnard would give me better opportunities due to the fact that Palmdale doesn’t have many job opportunities and everyone has to travel about 45 minutes to get to their jobs. I then did it; I came here without knowing anyone only an aunt and stayed with her for a few months. I then began working and started school and now I rent an apartment and live on my own. I work full time and I am going to school to become a sign language interpreter.

            My future is going to be successful. I say this because I believe that working hard always pays off. I want to do so many things. I want to travel and take my family with me. I want to help families who have children with disabilities, become a tutor to the parents who have children who are deaf. I want to enjoy life and live life without a daily routine of waking up and going to work every day. I want to have my own schedule and be my own boss. I know this will happened because I don’t plan on working for someone all my life. I have learned from my past I am learning thru my present and I will succeed in my future.

8 comments:

  1. sounds like your a great sister and i agree with you hard work does pay off! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Rosie,

    I wish you the best on your future and career choice, its an amazing thing you plan on doing. I too had a family member who had a disability, so I would like to thank you in advance for what you are planning to do in the future. Thank you and good luck =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Rosie,

    I'm glad that your life has slowly settled down from all that moving as a child. I wish you the best on your future career goals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you the best and hope that you accomplish your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rosie,
    You have been through a lot at a young age and I'm glad you can focus on yourself now. You seem like a strong person and I know you will follow your dreams. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you really went through a lot, man. I really do admire your courage that you have and I know you'll do great things in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your story caught my attention because you had to grow up so fast and still have no regrets towards it and the fact that you decided on a career that is close to your heart. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i want to work on my own time and be my boss too.

    ReplyDelete