Reality TV shows are becoming a big conflict in society now a
days. I rarely watch any television but when I do is really hard to find
something interesting to watch, due to the fact that almost every channel now
airs reality TV shows. MTV is a channel that
is known for reality T.V shows such as teen mom, the real world, jersey shore,
and many more. By these shows being
aired I question myself what is their goal for these types of shows to be shown
thought out the United Sates. In my opinion none of these shows rely a good
message to the audience. Being pregnant
at 15 and yet still partying and doing drugs like the girl in a TV show who is
well known relies a bad message to those teen moms who get influenced by TV.
Many people might not think about this but many decision of a
human being could be done due to what they watch. Jersey shore which a very
popular TV show that is based on partying every night and getting drunk,
hooking up with girls/or boys and having no responsibilities. Many young people
might think that is the right thing to do and follow their steps.
I have seen reality shows and they could be very entertaining
and funny. I sometimes spend me Sunday watching Keeping up with the Kardashians
all day and once I am done I start wondering how my life would be if I was
them. Yet I then come to reality and say to myself is just a show, and it might
even be scripted and is not based on reality. What really makes me mad with these cast
member in these shows is they become really wealthy after their done with their
shows. For example the members for the show
Teen Mom I now see them in the covers of magazines and traveling all over the
world. Makes me mad due to the fact that they have no education, acted like
fools and relayed bad messages yet still they get awarded for it.
I understand the reason the TV channels decide to show
reality TV shows instead of any documentary or any other show is because they
know that if they show documentaries or anything else that could drop ratings
and could make the company lose money. They are more focus on the money instead
of how this problem could be affecting many people. Reality show have been aired for a period of
time now but I do believe it has grown and do think is going to keep growing.
High school teens do get influenced by all the TV shows. The reason I say this
is because I have drove by schools and I see young males with their hair spiked
up like Pauly D from jersey shore. We can’t control what is being aired on TV
but what I do believe is that we as adults should set an example for the teens
and try to explain how TV show in the long run could affect their behaviors.
I find myself watching reality tv shows for entertainment too. I completely agree with you that Teen Mom is not transmitting the right messages to young teen moms.
ReplyDeleteIts funny how reality TV can affect even of fashion choices.
ReplyDeleteI agree, reality television has significantly affected our society.
ReplyDeleteIt's sad that our youth are looking to these types of people as examples of what they want to be like
ReplyDeleteI agree, reality tv is affecting everyone, even though they are really pointless.
ReplyDeleteIt is pretty frustrating and sad seeing how these actors get honored for being foolish.
ReplyDeleteI agree, it is just ridiculous how much reality shows influence our society.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you in that many people can get influenced by what they watch, and that lot of these reality shows are just pointless and don't send a good massage to its audience.
ReplyDelete